Congratulations on choosing to apply for this remarkable learning experience!
We are now accepting applications for the 2017 Program from US students only.
US and Canadian Students follow different processes. Please see below for the instructions that apply to you.
American students- APPLICATION DEADLINE March 1
US students should apply through the office of Extended Education at Western Washington University. Please visit their site to begin the application process. Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. You can also contact Dr. Nick Stanger directly at his WWU office.
Canadian Students - APPLICATION DEADLINE February 1
Canadian students should complete the Redfish School of Change 2017 Application Form, and submit to Ryan Hilperts, Program Director, by February 1, 2017. (link below).
Note: If you are a Canadian visiting student to the University of Victoria, you must submit a Letter of Permission from your home institution with your Redfish School of Change application form. Sample syllabi are available for this purpose here.
You will receive confirmation of receipt of your application by email. We may contact you and your references for follow-up information or a short phone interview.
Upon selection into the School
If you are selected to participate, you will be notified by phone no later than February 15, 2017 (March 15 in the US). If applicable, you will also be notified of your School of Change student award at that time.
To complete your enrolment in the Redfish School of Change, you will need to take the following steps:
- Pay $1000 of the program fee by March 15, 2017 to secure your enrolment in the program.
- If you are a visiting student to the University of Victoria, complete their online application for admission by March 31, 2017. This requires a $60 application fee. The Redfish School of Change will forward your Letter of Permission to the University of Victoria.
- Begin fundraising within your community organizations and circle of support to help support your participation in the program!
- Review and sign the student participation contract. Also complete the pre-program survey so we can better cater the program to you.
- Pay remaining program fee by May 1, 2017. Depending on your success with a student bursary, your remaining program fee will be in the range of $750 to $4500. We encourage you to explore all financial aid options.
- Pay tuition fees for three full-course credits to the University of Victoria by the summer deadline (usually May 31) if you are a Canadian student, or to Western Washington University by the summer deadline if you are a WWU student.
you cancel and the Redfish School of Change finds a suitable
replacement for you, you will be fully refunded your program fee. If no replacement is found:
(1) Participants who cancel before May 15 will be refunded 50% of their minimum student contribution fee of $750.
(2) Participants who cancel after May 15 will not be refunded.
In all cases, tuition is refunded subject to the rules and regulations of the University of Victoria or Western Washington University.
Questions? Concerns? Contact us.